Thursday, August 20, 2009

Kindergarten!

I can't believe that my little bug is old enough to go to school. She has been so excited. This morning Bugs woke up before her alarm and was so worried that it had already turned off by itself. I assured her that it wasn't time for her to get up yet. She decided that it was time to start getting ready because "I can't be late on my first day. I don't want to be the last one in my class". So Bugs fixed herself a fruit cup and a yogurt for breakfast. After she ate, she brushed her teeth and her hair, and then picked out her outfit. She was very excited about her choice of clothes. All of this was accomplished before 10 am. School doesn't start until after 12. Needless to say the next few hours went by very slow. Here are a few pictures of her before we left.
Peanut wanted to go with Bugs to school. She compromised by being able to walk Bugs to her class. While Bugs was at school, Peanut and I (along with a couple of friends) made cookies. When I was growing up, my mom would always have homemade cookies on the table waiting for us when we got home from school. I am hoping to continue this tradition with my family. So far so good.


Bugs gets to sit at the front of her classroom. There are 18 students in her class. She is way too cute. I love this kid!
Giving Daddy kisses before "off to school, off to school, I can't be late!"


Mom and Bugs



6 comments:

  1. I can't believe that it's time for school. Where has the time gone. I'm so glad that she is so excited to be a part of this new adventure. Love you

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is SO cute--I'm excited for her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is wonderful! I'm glad she was excited for school. She looks so darling and happy. Yeah for kindergarten! (Save me a cookie?) :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you click of Bugs picture, you can see Peanut peering through the blinds.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How was her first day? Looks like it started off good, and sounds like the ending was good too. Can I have a cookie?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute pictures! It almost made me want to cry though. Kids grow up way too fast. I just wanted to let you know that I went private on my blog. If you email me your email I will send you an invite. That goes for anyone else who may be reading this that I know. krista.mae56@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete

Followers